Continuing Professional Development Program
APEY's Continuing Professional Development (CPD) helps you stay current in your engineering profession. The program was introduced in 2009, which includes a Bylaw under the Yukon Engineering Profession Act to allow APEY to levy a penalty for members who chose not to participate. The program applies to all professional members including limited licenses (L.L.Eng.). It does not apply to Engineers-in-Training (E.I.T.) or Retired or Life Members. Details and requirements of the program can be found below.
Annual Submission Requirement
On an annual basis, professional members and L.L. Eng. are required to submit the APEY Continuing Professional Development - Volunteer Reporting Form (PDF) if you are not practicing engineering or have a special consideration (parental leave, health or disability leave, etc) and are maintaining an APEY membership, please contact APEY to discuss waiving your $50 penalty.
Summary of APEY CPD Program
- If a CPD Reporting form is not submitted prior to the deadline for annual dues (January 31, 2011) then a $50 penalty will be levied against the member.
- The APEY Continuing Professional Development - Volunteer Reporting Form (PDF) OR a reporting sheet from any other Canadian Professional Engineering Association can be used to report PDHs.
- Target of 240 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) is to be obtained over three years.
- One PDH is not equal to one hour of time, it varies with each type of activity, please see the summary sheet (PDF) for definition of a PDH for each category.
- The 240 PDHs must be in at least three of the six categories shown on the summary sheet (PDF) without exceeding the maximum PDHs per year in each category.
- It is recommended that each member obtain and claim 80 PDHs per year, but a maximum of 180 PDHs can be claimed in any given year.
- Unclaimed PDHs can be carried over for up to 2 years.
If you have questions regarding the APEY Continuing Professional Development Program, please contact APEY staff.